Comenius University Academic Library
Comenius University Academic Library (CU AL) is a central scientific and information workplace focusing on information support of research and education at the Comenius University in Bratislava. Academic Library provides library, information, bibliographic, documentation, retrieval and other services for its users (mostly students, teaching staff and academic community).
The CU Academic Library is not a typical library, where all the stocks and services are concentrated in one building. It consists of 13 independent faculty libraries located in different places in Bratislava, respectively even in the other Slovak towns, and the Academic Library Centre, which is responsible for management and coordination of mutual cooperation of faculty libraries.
The CU Academic library produces two own databases - the Union Catalogue of Comenius University and the Database of Publication Activities of CU staff. At the same time the library, by means of website of the Virtual Library, provides the access to external information resources for CU academic community.
Due to discontinued lessons from March 9, 2020 and the resulting restrictions on libraries' operation, the due date for returning of all borrowings falling within this period has been postponed to July 3, 2020. Students who continue to study in the next academic year can ask to renew their borrowings to September 19, 2020 via e-mail libraryvili.uniba.sk.
From May 13, 2020 - 4 faculty libraries have been reopened, although in a limited mode, i.e.: FPHIL, JFMED, FRCTH, FSES (for more see the libraries' websites).
- <output>Sage Research Methods - case studies, manuals and video tutorials on research procedures for various scientific fields to develop research skills for young researchers. Available until: June 4, 2020Sage Research Methods - case studies, manuals and video tutorials on research procedures for various scientific fields to develop research skills for young researchers. Available until: June 4, 2020
IOPscience extra - scientific journals in physics, mathematics, medicine and technology, including book series the Physics World Discovery. Available until: June 5, 2020</output>
- IOPscience extra - scientific journals oriented on physics, mathematics, medicine and technology, including book series the Physics World Discovery. Available until: June 5, 2020
- Faculty of medicine - Academic Library
- Faculty of Law - Library
- Faculty of Arts - Central Library
- Faculty of Natural Sciences - Central Library
- Faculty of Education - Academic Library
- Faculty of Pharmacy - Central Library
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sports - Library
- Jessenius Faculty of Medicine - Academic Library and audiovisual center
- Faculty of mathematics, physics and informatics - Library and Editorial center
- Roman Catholic Faculty of Theology - Library
- Evangelical Faculty of Theology - Faculty Library
- Faculty of Management - Library
- Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences - Library