Wifi - Eduroam
Since December 1st 2008 Comenius University provides a WiFi connection integrated into the EDUROAM (EDUcation ROAMing) project. Students, teachers and employees of any institution participating in this project may connect to it using their home institution credentials while visiting any of the participating institutions.
While a computer is connected to the Eduroam service it is considered to be a part of the Comenius university computer network and as such must comply with current university rules. Non-compliance may result in banning the user from access to the university network.
Access to the service:
Comenius University Students/Employees - please use your university login and access code; you can find these on the page https://cdo.uniba.sk/public/findPK?lang=en.
External users - please ask your home institution for your Eduroam login and password.
Use of service:
To use the service, your device needs to have a wireless network card (802.11b or 802.11g) and you must be within range of the hotspot. The service must be properly configured (see Configuration lower on the page). The SSID (wireless network identification name) is eduroam.
In case of technical difficulties, please contact Information Technology Support Centre (CePIT).
CePIT - Support centre assists with:
- difficulties with connecting to the Eduroam network for university students and personnel (provided they are trying to connect a supported device with a supported operating system)
- difficulties with obtaining Eduroam access credentials (login, access code) for university students and personnel
- difficulties for Comenius University users trying to connect to an Eduroam network at another institution participating in the project (users need to obtain/study the institution's Eduroam use guidelines in advance).
CePIT - Support centre does not assist with:
- difficulties with connecting to the Eduroam network for users from institutions other than Comenius University regarding their login/access code - external users need to ask their home institution for access data
CePIT - Support centre supports the following devices/operating systems:
- computer system with Microsoft Windows XP
- computer system with Microsoft Windows Vista.
- computer system with Microsoft Windows 7
WiFi connection is usable on many more devices, however it is not within our power to support all of them.