Courses and events for PhD students
Engaged Scientists/Citizens online training
In light of ENLIGHT's mission statement at Comenius, we have prepared a short-term doctoral training programme designed to provide PhD students with a skillset necessary to empower scientists and learners to become more confident in becoming globally engaged citizens and embrace active roles both locally and globally to address the five challenges of the ENLIGHT alliance.https://enlight-eu.org/university-about-us/flagship-domains
About the course
The agenda of the training program offers three interactive webinars focusing on the following core areas:
• Career development skills and strategies,
• Transferable skills,
• Skills for transferring knowledge into practice.
You can find a detailed list of prepared training HERE.
Dates of ONLINE webinars: 4.5. 2023, 10:00-11:30
18.5. 2023, 10:00-11:30.
Registration: Only registered participants will be provided a link, therefore we would very much like to ask you to register HERE as soon as possible.
Registration dealine: 24.4.2023
In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Contacts: rebeka.laucikovauniba.sk, enlightuniba.sk
Impactful Science Communication training
Ghent University is organising a course for early career researchers across the network on impact and science communication. The training will take place 27-29 June 2023.
• A lecture from our in-house expert on research impact to frame the training and set the scene for how science communication intertwines with the wider societal impact of your research
• A hands-on science communication course taught by one of the regular trainers in UGent’s doctoral training programme focused on teaching early career researchers how to communicate their research and their research findings to a wider audience. Participants will be asked to develop science communication ideas, materials and/or strategies for their specific research projects.
• An educational visit to Ghent University’s recently opened university museum as well as its botanical gardens, with a focus on how the collection showcases the university’s research as well as how choices were made in terms of presenting that research to a wider audience to make it engaging.
• The programme will also include a guided tour through Ghent’s historic town centre following a welcome reception
Course dates: 27.-29.6.2023
Host institution: Ghent University
Nr. of places available: 3
Deadline at CU: 5.4.2023
How to apply: Applicants should submit a one-page cover letter and CV in English and send them by 5.4.2023 to the following e-mail addresses (please use both): sara.smidovauniba.sk, enlightuniba.sk. Extra-curricular activities and activities outside teaching are an important part of the selection criteria and should be mentioned in the CV. Please note that in the case of a large number of applications, we may additionally require a recommendation from the department and a grade point average.
Language requirements: English at B2 level
For more information and programme visit: https://www.ugent.be/doctoralschools/en/doctoraltraining/courses/transferableskills/enlight-impactful-science-communication
ENLIGHT International Supply Chain – spring school in Galway (Registration closed)
International Supply Chain Management involves the integration of key business processes from original suppliers to end customer, providing products, services, and information that add value for all stakeholders. It has become one of the top priorities on the strategic agenda of multinational enterprises.
This module is designed to provide students with a solid grounding in the core concepts of supply chain management. We address the design and structure of the interrelated elements of a mapped international supply chain. We delineate between upstream and downstream supply chain activities and discuss risk and risk management throughout the process. Finally, we recognise the impact of supply chain activity on the wider community. Learning outcomes will be achieved by in class lectures, discussions, guest talks and a number of applied activities.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a one-page cover letter and CV in English and send them by 14.2.2023 to the following e-mail addresses (please use both): sara.smidovauniba.sk, enlightuniba.sk. Extra-curricular activities and activities outside teaching are an important part of the selection criteria and should be mentioned in the CV. Please note that in the case of a large number of applications, we may additionally require a recommendation from the department and a grade point average.
Host institution: University of Galway
Type: physical mobility
Course dates: 20.-24.3.2023
Language requirements: English language at B2 level
Funding: Erasmus+ grant (70€/day).
For more information and programme click here.